Please read this Notice with care, as by using this site you agree to be bound by its terms.
If Allianz Insurance plc (referred to below as ‘we’ and ‘us’) decide to make changes to the Notice, we will post any changes on this page. Please contact us if you have any queries.
Fair Processing Notice – how we use personal information
1. Who we are
When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means Allianz Insurance plc.
When we say “you” and “your” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal information we may collect, including:
- anyone seeking an insurance quote from us or whose details are provided during the quotation process
- policyholders and anyone named on or covered by the policy
- anyone who may benefit from or be directly involved in the policy or a claim, including claimants and witnesses.
2. How we use personal information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- to provide quotes, administer policies and policyholder claims to fulfil our contract
- to administer third party claims, deal with complaints and prevent financial crime to meet our legal obligations
- to manage our business and conduct market research to meet the legitimate needs of our business
- to send marketing information if we have received your specific consent.
You are not obliged to provide us with personal information, but we cannot provide our products and services without it.
You have the right to object to us using your personal information. You can do this at any time by telling us and we will consider your request and either stop using your information or explain why we are not able to. Further details can be found below.
We use your personal information to market products and services to you.
Our marketing activities may include:
- providing information to you about products and services by telephone, post, email and SMS, we will either do this ourselves or use third party partners to do it for us
- working with selected partners to display relevant online advertisements to you, and to our other customers, on third party websites and social media platforms. To do this, we may provide our partners with some of your personal information in an encrypted format, which they use only to identify the appropriate audiences for our advertisements. We ensure that our partners delete this information once the advertisement audiences have been identified, and do not use the information for their own purposes.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our products and services you can tell us at any time by using the contact details found in section 10, “Know your rights”.
4. Automated decision making, including profiling
We may use automated decision making, including profiling, to assess insurance risks, detect fraud, and administer yourpolicy. This helps us decide whether to offer insurance, determine prices and validate claims.
If you disagree with the outcome of an automated decision please contact us using the details in section 10.
5. The personal information we collect
We collect the following types of personal information about you so we can complete the activities in section 2, “How we use personal information”:
- basic personal details such as name, age, address and gender
- family, lifestyle and social circumstances, such as marital status, dependants and employment type
- financial details such as direct debit or payment card information
- photographs and/or video to help us manage policies and assess claims
- tracking and location information if it is relevant to your policy or claim
- identification checks and background insurance risk details including previous claims information
- medical information if it is relevant to your policy or claim
- criminal convictions if it is relevant to your policy or claim
- accessibility details if we need to make reasonable adjustments to help
- business activities if it is relevant to your policy or claim.
6. Where we collect personal information
From you, your representatives or from information you have made public, for example on social media.
From other persons or organisations, for example:
- credit reference and/or fraud prevention agencies
- emergency services, law enforcement agencies, medical and legal practices
- veterinary practices, animal charities and breeders
- insurance industry registers and databases used to detect and prevent insurance fraud, for example the Motor Insurance Database (MID), the Motor Insurers Anti-Fraud and Theft Register (MIAFTR) and the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE)
- insurance investigators and claims service providers
- other insurers or service providers who underwrite the insurance or provide services for our products
- other involved parties, for example claimants or witnesses.
7. Sharing personal information
We may share your personal information with:
- other companies within the global Allianz Group www.allianz.com
- credit reference, fraud prevention and other agencies that carry out certain activities on our behalf, for example the Motor Insurance Database (MID), the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) and marketing agencies if agreed
- our approved suppliers to help deal with claims or provide our benefit services, for example vehicle repairers, veterinary advisors, legal advisors and loss adjusters
- other insurers, third party underwriters, reinsurers, insurance intermediaries, regulators, law enforcement and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and other companies that provide services to us or you, for example the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE)
- prospective buyers in the event we wish to sell all or part of our business.
8. Transferring personal information outside the UK
We use servers located in the European Union (EU) to store your personal information where it is protected by laws equivalent to those in the UK. We may transfer your personal information to other members of the global Allianz Group to manage your insurance policy or claim; this could be inside or outside the EU. We have Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs) which are our commitment to the same high level of protection for personal information regardless of where it is processed. These rules align with those required by the European Information Protection authorities. If you would like more information about the BCRs please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Some of our suppliers have servers outside the EU. Our contracts with these suppliers require them to provide equivalent levels of protection for your personal information.
9. How long we keep personal information
We keep information only for as long as we need it to administer the policy, manage our business or as required by law or contract.
10. Know your rights
You have the right to:
- object to us using your personal information. We will either agree to stop using it or explain why we are unable to (the right to object)
- ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exemptions (data subject access request)
- ask us to update or correct your personal information to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification)
- ask us to delete your personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (the right to be forgotten)
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances (the right of restriction)
- ask for a copy of the personal information you provided to us, so you can use it for your own purposes (the right to data portability)
- complain if you feel your personal information has been mishandled. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk
- ask us, at any time, to stop using your personal information, if using it based only on your consent (the right to withdraw your consent).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can do so by contacting our Customer Satisfaction Manager:
Address: Allianz Insurance plc, 2530 The Quadrant, Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4AW
Phone: 0330 102 1781
For pet and equine products only:
Address: Allianz Insurance plc, Great West House (GW2), Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9EY
Phone: 0345 026 1985
For Allianz Musical Insurance only:
Address: Allianz Musical Insurance, Great West House (GW2), Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9DX
Phone: 0344 391 4037
For Allianz Legal Protection products only:
Address: Allianz Legal Protection, 2530 The Quadrant, Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4AW
Phone: 0345 0700 886
11. Data Protection Officer Contact details
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Address: Data Protection Officer, Allianz, 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1DB
Changes to our Fair Processing Notice
Occasionally it may be necessary to make changes to this notice. When that happens we will provide you with an updated version at the earliest opportunity. The most recent version will always be available on our website www.allianz.co.uk.
Allianz Musical Insurance is a trading name of Allianz Insurance plc. Allianz Insurance plc is registered in England No. 84638. Registered office: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1DB, United Kingdom. Allianz Insurance plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Financial Services Register No. 121849. Allianz Musical Insurance’s trading address is: Great West House (GW2), Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9DX.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information contained in this site is complete and accurate, we are not liable for any errors, omissions or misleading statements on these pages or any site to which these pages connect. Anything on this site is for information purposes only and does not constitute investment advice.
Links to third party websites on the site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Allianz site. Allianz has not reviewed all of these third party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their privacy statement. Thus, Allianz does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do so at your own risk.
We reserve the right to make amendments and changes to the information on this site at any time. Unless it is clearly indicated, the information provided on this site is not intended to be an offer by us to enter into a contract with you. A contract will be formed only after we have accepted your application and have confirmed to you that a contract has been entered into.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any software downloaded onto your computer from this site is suitable and free from viruses.
Allianz and its logo are the registered trademarks in the UK and other countries of Allianz Insurance plc. The copyright and the content and images in the site belong to Allianz Insurance plc or the images and content are used by Allianz with the permission of the Copyright owner. Note that we are not the owner of copyright in any site linked to our site and you should seekpermission from the site owners before copying any materials from them.
You may download information for your own personal use but otherwise it may not be copied or reproduced except with ourwritten permission.
Applicable Law and Language
Products and services illustrated on this site are available for citizens of the UK only. The applicable law governing the contents and use of this site and any disputes arising from use of this site is English law and disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. The policy will be in English
Note that this site is not intended for use or distribution by a person in any country where such use or distribution of the site would be contrary to local laws or regulation.
The services described in this site are available to private individuals for their use only. You are not permitted to use this site or to copy material from the site for any commercial purpose.
Please note that there is no guarantee that any e-mail sent to this site will be received by Allianz Insurance plc or that the message will remain confidential whilst being transmitted.