The essential festival packing checklist
It’s that time of year again. Time to dust off your wellies while cracking the mud off your third favourite pair of sunglasses, chosen for their rugged cheapness – festivals are coming.
Every year, despite preparing, something gets forgotten – you only realise you need it when you don’t have it. We’ve compiled a brief list of absolute essentials to bring along with you to make the less glamourous side of festivals easier for you.
The roof over your head essentials
- Tent, sleeping bag, roll mat and pillow – taking these four things should make sure you’re all set, sleep wise
- Toilet roll – trust us
- Reusable water bottle – some festivals have said they won’t be selling bottled water this year, so make sure you remember a bottle.
- Some sort of light – your phone is fine, but be careful about battery usage.
- Camping chair – you don’t want to be the one who has to sit in the mud.
- Wellies and sturdy shoes – be ready for lots of walking and standing. Wellies because it’s the UK and it makes sense.
- Jumper and a waterproof – a certain cold exists at festivals that you’ll never experience anywhere else in the world, make sure you take a warmer and something to keep you dry.
- Change of clothes plus extras
- A day bag
The cleanliness essentials
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Dry shampoo and hairbrush
- Baby wipes and face wipes
- Anti-bacterial hand gel
- Sun cream
All of these things are crucial to keep you feeling somewhat ‘human’ in the inevitable lengthy gaps between showers.
- Breakfast bars
- Sweets and treats
- Kettle, tea bags and coffee – naturally
The essential essentials
- Ticket – Speaking from experience, this isn’t fun to forget.
- Money – how else will you buy giant Yorkshire puddings?
We hope anyone going to a festival this year has an amazing and safe time.
You might also be interested in...